BJ’s Wholesale Club Return Policy:
This policy is effective April 21 and includes any purchases made on or after this date. The previous COVID-related return policy applies to purchases made prior to April 21.
BJ's selects the highest quality merchandise for our Members and stands behind the products we sell. If you are not completely satisfied with a purchase made online or in-Club, BJ's will give you a refund or exchange within the guidelines below. If your return is regarding an electronic item, such as a TV or laptop, we recommend calling our free Tech Advisors service at 877-TECH888 (877-832-4888) prior to returning because many issues can be resolved over the phone. For tire returns, please visit your local Club or call our tire support team at 844-700-TIRE.
To return an eligible item, bring it to the Member Services Desk in-Club. To return an eligible item purchased on BJs.com, you may return it in-Club or log into your online account and create a return.
- General merchandise (excluding electronics) must be in new condition with accessories intact. Returns are accepted within one year of purchase. We will not accept returns on non-grocery items purchased more than one year ago. Exclusions:
- Undamaged computers, electronics, televisions and home theater displays, and patio sets are returnable within 90 days of purchase with accessories intact.
- Televisions, home theater displays, laptops and tablets found to be damaged upon initial inspection are returnable with their original packing and accessories within 14 days of receipt.
- DVDs, computer software and video games must be in the original packaging and unopened.
- Major appliances, including full-size refrigerators, ranges, washers, dryers, and dishwashers, are returnable within 30 days of delivery. To initiate a return, call 877-832-4888.
- Items purchased with BJ’s buy online, pick-up in-Club service must be returned to the Club. Members with Online Access Memberships cannot return an online order to a Club location for a refund.
- If the purchase of an item generates an entitlement to a discount or award, including an Award under BJ's Perks Rewards® Membership or a discount under BJ's Gas Savings Program, the item cannot be returned if the award has been redeemed or the discount has been used.
- Items purchased using EBT in-Club or BJs.com must be returned within 90 days of purchase. For purchases with a receipt made with SNAP EBT, the returned item may be refunded to the SNAP EBT account or exchanged for the same item. No cash refunds, credit or gift cards are allowed.
- We regret that we cannot accept returns of:
- Lottery tickets, cigarettes, tobacco products and alcohol (where restricted by state law).
- Gift cards.
- Apparel marked as final sale.
- Items purchased as part of a special event.
- Opened DVDs, computer software and video games.
- Fireworks, or items with gas, oil or fuel added.
- Bulk purchases of ten (10) or more units of the same item purchased online in the same transaction where the total price exceeds $1,000.
- Products under a manufacturer's warranty which have service center only restrictions. Please contact the manufacturer for assistance with products such as:
- Gas-powered outdoor equipment
- Fireworks or items with gas, oil or fuel added
- Furniture sets purchased over one year ago
- Mattresses that are out of the plastic covering or opened
- Outdoor recreational equipment and furnishings including: pools, screenhouses, sheds, spas and saunas, swing sets and trampolines.
- Massage chairs that are opened
- We regret that BJ's cannot cover the cost of shipping for products returned due to buyer's remorse.
- All refunds will be issued based on the original form of payment.
Return guidelines for BJ’s Optical:
- BJ’s Optical does not accept returns on prescription eyewear or contact lenses. If the contact lens box is unopened, unmarked and at least one year from the expiration date, it may be eligible for return. Please contact email@example.com for return questions.
- Optical accessories can be returned if they are in new condition with accessories intact. Returns are accepted within one year of purchase.
- If your prescription eyeglasses are accidentally broken or damaged, bring them back within 12 months of your date of receipt to receive 50% off any one-time replacement of frames and/or lenses. If you have a prescription change within 60 days of purchase, we will remake your lenses for free and replace them in their original frames. If your prescription frames and/or lenses purchased at BJ’s Optical® are broken or damaged within 12 months of receipt (“Original Pair”), you are eligible for a one-time discount toward the purchase of an identical pair (frame and lenses). Damage due to normal use excluded. The discounted pair must be the same prescription lenses and frame as the Original Pair, or if the frame is unavailable, a frame of equal or lesser value (“Discounted Pair”). The discount is 50% off the price paid for the Original Pair (“Discount”). To take advantage of the Discount, the Original Pair must be presented to a BJ’s Optical location within 12 months of your receipt of the Original Pair and you must present proof of purchase, a valid prescription and a valid form of identification. Please note the Discount does not apply to loss or theft, may not be applied to prior purchases or combined with other offers, has no cash value, is not eligible for refunds and may only be used once within the 12-month period.